Sendle provides small businesses with an elegant online experience for booking, managing and tracking parcel deliveries. We are matching it with an equally elegant, highly professional and joyful customer service experience.
Sendle is also a certified B Corporation and Australia’s first 100% carbon neutral delivery service.
We’re looking for a smart and positive person, with a proven track record of excellence to join our Business Development team, based in Glebe, Sydney. We’ll give you on the job training so that you are quickly able to contribute to the experience for businesses joining Sendle.
Sendle's Business Development Team
Sendle’s BD team works to welcome, convert and onboard businesses to Sendle via our business channels. We believe that really fast and personal support inherently makes people happy. We need someone who can quickly learn the ropes, be a consistently positive welcome party and turn tricky questions and tough problems into joyful outcomes that our customers tell their friends about. This is a role is perfect for someone who wants to jump into a startup environment and grow quickly.
The role in a nutshell
- Communicating with business leads to convert them into happy regular senders.
- Generating quotes, assessing requirements and building relationships with accounts.
- Working efficiently to prioritise and respond to inbound enquiries.
- Thinking about process improvements and smart ways to work efficiently.
- Proactively identifying and saving accounts at risk of churn.
- Being flexible, adaptable and resilient to change.
- Working autonomously within a small, smart team.
What you’ll need
- You’ll need to be smart and quick witted. You’ll also need to be a positive person who is diligent, has a 'never give up’ attitude and loves detail. It's not just the ability to communicate that matters, it is the ability to build rapport, keep track of the details, and get excited about converting an enquiry into a happy account holder.
- You’ll need to have great communication skills. You can break down complex problems for customers and provide great solutions that meets their needs.
- You’ll need to enjoy technology and have excellent keyboard and software skills. You’ll also need to be a quick learner of tools like Hubspot and our own proprietary software engine. An understanding of CRMs, sales tools such as pipeline or salesforce and the experience to use them is a bonus.
- You’ll need to have an excellent understanding of what makes Sendle a good-fit for both us and our customers. You’ll be excited about converting prospective customers into happy account holders when you find this fit, and you’ll know how to do it.
- You’ll also need to be a tireless people person, someone who loves networking, excellent conversation and answering your phone to unknown numbers.
- You’ll thrive in a fast-paced, changeable environment. You’ll enjoy minimum viable process (and sometimes have to build a process), and will look for ways to improve, save time and do things smarter.
What matters to us
We believe that our culture is one of our most important assets. We have 5 key values that we look for in every member of our team.
- Humble - We appreciate people with the self-awareness to know that they can’t be brilliant at everything.
- Honest - The foundation of open and genuine collaboration and an absolute must for risk-takers and those that seek to understand.
- Happy - We like people with an optimistic self-talk style and who see failures as a chance to learn. Plus, we love witty jokes that tickle the tummy.
- Hungry - We like people with ambition who want work on big challenges and come up with answers that no one is asking for. We like people who like the hard problems.
- High Achieving - This is a team of tall poppies but no one is coasting. We are fizzing with curiosity and share a belief that our best is yet to come.
Perks and Benefits
Competitive starting salary, development allowance, super nice team, great office, Midweek Meal club.
Sound like your dream job?
Please send your CV, a short cover letter detailing how you’re a good fit for Sendle and 2 suggestions of how we can improve the customer experience for new account holders.Apply now